Monday, August 16, 2010

Still love my ex even though we're better off apart?

Long story story I'm 22 and things just ended with my ex of three years. We were at a stage where it was take a break or commit to forever. He had never dated others so neither of us were ready for that commitment. Since then we've done our own thing but still talked everyday and see eachother regularly. I know in my mind that he isn't right for me. I want a lot more out of someone than he gives me. However I still love him to death and cannot imagine my life without him. It breaks my heart we are in this position with him seeing others but I know this is what we need to do. How do I get through thing when I have two very different emotions going on? Help?Still love my ex even though we're better off apart?
You've never been with anyone else, and you tend to get attached to people after a long while so it's most likely your heart speaking and your mind countering it. Idk which is which, only you can figure that one out but take your time on the decision. And what ever the answer, make sure he knows wether he's in another relationship or not...it's hard to tell someone who's in a relationship that you love them. But if you dont do it, you'll end up regretting it in the long run.Still love my ex even though we're better off apart?
Hope it all works out^^

Report Abuse



Going through the same crap myself right now. It's difficult but only time will heal. It's natural that after such a long time it's hard to see any other way. Stay strong and remember, it's only a feeling, all feelings are transient and nothing lasts forever. Sooner or later you'll be able to look back with a very different take on the whole thing.


Best of luck. :)
You need to meet someone new. The feelings will pass. Although you may still love him and continue to, you will eventually find this with someone else and you may see that things are even better than they were with him. If you know that you are not right for each other you need to take steps to move on.
You have to not see him for a while or this is going to be a long hard road. Talking to him everyday doesn't seem to be doing you any good either.





After my break up I took a trip and it did help a lot because I was busy with my new surroundings!
Well I always say that the best way to get over someone is to find someone or something else. like to occupy your time. didnt work for me. I'm in pretty much the same boat you are. I'd say a big helper would be to stop talking to him so much. good luck.
Life is just this way sometimes. There are no satisfactory answers for you or anyone else having these thing happen in our lives.
move on
thats bad


get a better one, then you will forget him
I don't know what to tell you, wish I did. If you don't end it now you'll end up like me, 6 years later still wishing you could figure out how to end it. I've tried a few times, but I keep going back to him or letting him come back to me. We love each other very much, yet some how know we are not ment to be together, and don't want to be apart. It's to late now to just be friends. Who's going to want to date someone with that kind of baggage, your ex. lol It's hard to just say.... OK, have a nice life, bye.
I've been there before and it sucks. For me... it eventually got to the point where you have to make another major decision... do you deal with the pain of this relationship that can never be and the feelings that will constantly linger... or do you cut your ties all together and move on completely. I phased things out completely. We haven't seen each other in years. It was weird at first, but eventually you stop thinking about them and get wrapped up in new things with new people. I think that time can heal these kinds of wounds, but if you still talk to him all the time, it's like re-opening the cut over and over. Good luck.
I am your age and I found myself in this exact same situation a little over a year ago. It's hard to move on when he still calls. I think it gives you false hope of getting back together and reminds you that he's still a good person.





For me, it was distancing myself for a while that helped me move on. You don't have to be mean about it, just don't have long intimate conversations on the phone or IM or however you communicate. Spend more of that time with friends or family so you aren't sitting around missing him or feeling sorry for yourself. Make sure you feel good about yourself and being by yourself. And then, be open to dating other guys. Even if you think it will only be one date. You don't have to jump right into another relationship, but sometimes the first step is just getting yourself to start imagining yourself with someone else.





Also, it helped me to just get mad at him. He doesn't have to know. Stop and think about the things he's done that make you know that he just isn't right for you. Spend a little time being angry with him over those things and it will get easier to distant yourself for a little while.





Best Wishes! I know it's tough!
  • computer security
  • div myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment