Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can i prove that my ex is driving by my house purposely to get a court order against my ex?

i dumped my insecure, possessive ex. my ex even then was trying to patch up with me and i asked my ex to leave me alone or i will take them to authorities. i never heard back expect for an apology. but, i have seen my exes car pass by my house so many times. but, i do live on a main street that connects my ex to many parts of town i guess. but, i did notice my ex go by slower while passing my house and looks towards my parking lot as my house and the parking lot face the main street. what can i do? if i tell the cops, will they try to follow my ex to see if it is on purpose - the driving on the main street?How can i prove that my ex is driving by my house purposely to get a court order against my ex?
I will take a slightly different approach to this than Beverly (who has answers that I think are great).





I do not think that even if you can prove your ex is driving past your house 100 times a day for no better reason than to drive past your house you're going to get a restraining order.





Assuming you live on a public street, and in the absence of any other reason, I cannot imagine why a judge would grant a restraining order just because someone you know is driving past your house.





If you brought this complaint to me, I would tell you to seek a restraining order if you felt you needed one (and also tell you I sincerely doubt you'll get one). I would not have an officer speak to your ex, wait by your house, or follow your ex from or to anywhere.





If there's more to the story then I'd encourage you to post it but based on what you've said here I cannot believe a judge would issue a restraining order in this case.How can i prove that my ex is driving by my house purposely to get a court order against my ex?
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about that. If he stopped and looked every time, you might, but not at it stands right now.
If he has legitimate business that requires him to pass your house, likely there won't be much you can do since that does not constitute 'stalking'.





You can always apply for a restraining order through the Courts. However, he will eventually have a chance to respond in Court to any claim you make. You will at that time have to substantiate any claim you make - such as by providing some kind of evidence that he is driving past your house an unusual number of times. He will also have a chance to rebut your claim by demonstrating that he has legitimate business in the area that requires him to drive down that road. If he can satisfy the Court's inquiry, your restraining order will be denied.





If you reported this to the Police and you can give them some evidence that he keeps driving by, they *might* contact him and ask him what he's doing in the area, and they *might* suggest he take another route - but that really depends on how strong your evidence is and what he says about it when they talk to him. What they won't do is wait by your house to see if he drives by; they likely won't have the resources to put an Officer there to just see if he shows up.
  • skin moles
  • skin care
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment