Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Feeling Really Down and Confused because of Ex-Girlfriend...Please Give me some Answers!?

Hi guys I know this is pretty long but please help me out if you can find it in your heart to aid a really down college student.





I will choose a best answer and dish out points whenever possible





Alright so basically, my ex-girlfriend and I broke up like 3 months ago because she said that she needed time to ';grow up';. Basically, we decided to still be friends because we really still like each other and get along great. However, I am still very much in love with her.





The problem is that lately I've been feeling really down around my ex and kind of jealous and I don't know why. She's basically perfect at everything. She's very attractive because a lot of guys flirt with her, wears size 00 pants, exercises constantly, her parents are wealthier than mine as she lives in a half a million dollar house and her dad retired at the age of 48, she always gets whatever she wants (material-wise), she makes friends easily, has time to join lots of clubs in college, works as a store model for Abercrombie and has a higher GPA than me while majoring in journalism, and sometimes I feel like she has all of God's blessing even though she is extremely atheist.





However, I am the complete opposite as I always work for what I get. I'm in one of the top 10 business schools in the nation but struggle to maintain a 3.0 GPA and spend most of my time studying, I haven't met very many people in college because I'm trying to save money by living at home with my parents (my ex lives in the dorms which her parents pay for), I spend all my free time at home, I don't find myself as attractive because I've only worked for American Eagle and I am Asian, my parents want me to earn things so I have to work to pay for my clothes and stuff unlike my ex, and lately I've felt like God's deserted me even though I try to follow his teachings.





I just feel crappy to the point that I've been unmotivated to study and I want to sleep all day. I've stopped going to the gym and I have been wallowing in my own self-pity, I'm always wishing that my parents were a lot richer because my ex gets to finish college at her own pace while I'm pressured to finish in 4 while her parents can also afford to let her take summer classes to make her workload easier while I don't have that luxury.





The only thing I feel like I have an advantage over her is that I know how to invest and save my money better than her because she can't save her own money at all. She doesn't even know how the basic definition of a stock or how a credit and debit card work.





Despite all this I feel like God's let me down. Why does he bless people that don't believe in him? Should I stay away from my ex even though I still love her? She is white and we've known each other for 4 years and dated each other for 2 and a half years. Can a relationship with 2 different people like this work out again? Why do I feel this way? I get really jealous because no girls flirt with me at college compared to guys hitting on her. What should I do?





-Please help torn college studentFeeling Really Down and Confused because of Ex-Girlfriend...Please Give me some Answers!?
Let me see if I get this right, you say you have nothing like she does, well I don't agree with that, Here is what you have , parents who care enough about you teach you the value of money. You save and trade stock. you are leaning the value. You have to work for clothes and other things. That is the way you learn to take care of the things in your life and make them mean something. You are pushed because your parents now if you are not you will not be one of the top. Which that is where you are going. Your GPA 3.0 is still good. Not a 4 but damn good. You are level headed and know what track to stay on. Stop mooning over the girl who has everything given too her by Mommy and daddy. she doesn't worry about money because she takes it easy in school. she will probably spend 5 or more years there. She has no plan but pick out what she wears and workout to have guys falling all over her. shallow. very shallow. I know you can do better look around you and stop crying over Split milk.Feeling Really Down and Confused because of Ex-Girlfriend...Please Give me some Answers!?
The rain falls on the righteous and unrighteous alike. The illusion of a blessing that you've accepted is nothing but that. It sounds as though you're jealous of her life but you have so much more going for you. She is very limited in what she can do because she doesn't know anything else. You can do whatever you want and go anywhere you want to go because your life has taught you to adapt. Something you probably can't accept right now but is also true is that you can meet and be with anyone. She isn't the best the world has to offer, she is just another opportunity.


God bless
I had a problem similar to yours. And it really sucks losing someone so awesome... But I really don't think there is really a solution for her to fall in love with you again. If you continue to feel depressed and waiting for her to come back, your going to fall behind in work and studies. I tried everything to get back someone I was with for along time but I only felt crappier. The really only way is to move on. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment