Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Do I talk about the ex too much?

My new boyfriend and I are getting along amazingly. We're really clicking, and we're even going to be taking a road trip together during our college's spring break.





But, I'm starting to grow concerned. My previous relationship was a huge mess. He not only cheated on me, but he cheated on me with my best friend. My ex always put me down, and he loved nothing more than to be really controlling and just, really verbally abusive. After the break up with him, I thought I would never find someone. I was so beaten down, I was convinced that I deserved how I was treated, and he was right, I would be alone.





But, I'm not anymore. And my new boyfriend is everything he's not. I'm so happy for it. But... last night, during an intimate moment, I got really, really afraid, and I had a huge freak-out. I didn't want to have sex, and my boyfriend, told me it was alright, he didn't mind it at all, just laying around and cuddling. But I was so used to being yelled at for not ';being in the mood'; I spent the better part of an hour apologizing, and nearly crying because I felt so guilty for not being in the mood. I am still afraid of my ex, even when he's not around.





But, telling my boyfriend why I was so afraid, and explaining why I sometimes get so quiet and apologetic, I asked him if I talked about my ex too much, and he didn't really respond to it. Am I dragging my ex around like an albatross, and really messing with my relationship, or is this something my new boyfriend and I can get over quickly?





Am I talking about my ex too much to my new boyfriend?Do I talk about the ex too much?
If you talk about your ex at all it is too much. Dont bring your past relationships into new relationships.Do I talk about the ex too much?
You are doing the mistake many people do, always hold on the past without noticing that this past is history and will only spoil opportunities for the presence and future. Let go and look forward. Everything else is memories, which you can keep for yourself. Don't compare, all people are different and when you are not happy with what you have now, you might have made the wrong choice.
Talking from experience, it's hard. I had an ex that cheated on me too and I have major jealousy issues. I think your new boyfriend should accept the ';problems'; you have and I'm sure he does. Try not to talk about your ex too often but you shouldn't shut it out completely. When new things come up and reasons to as why you act are influenced by your ex then you should mention that to your boyfriend as you did. With such things as being yelled at for not wanting to have intercourse and then apologizing constantly afterwards, you did the right thing for telling your boyfriend. He probably understands and just wishes there was something he could do about it.


The biggest thing for most guys is they want their girl to feel so special and confident that no one can put them down. He probably wants to get you that way, and it's hard with the past you've had and the talk about your boyfriend coming into conversation as much as it does.


Hope it all made sense and helped you out


Good luck love.

No comments:

Post a Comment