Friday, August 20, 2010

Child visitaion issue, ex violent and demanding visits with child?

Ex reappeared and is asking for visitation....after 9 months of zero contact. He has never paid child support, nobody even knows where my ex even lives, or if he has a home. my son is 5, he has not seen or heard from his father this year, last year he saw his father 3 times, for about 2 hours each time. now my ex just got in touch with my mother asking how to set up visitation with my 5 year old. My son is PDD, and does not do well with changes. He does not know this man. How can I in good concience send him to visit with him? My ex has no real explanation for WHY he vanished, just that he was really busy.


I already contacted a few lawyers, all want between 3 and 5K to even look at helping me, which frankly I do not have lying around. What CAN I do?


MY issues are that my ex has a history of physical abuse, he has serious anger issues which is why I divorced him 4 years ago. My ex chose to stay out of my sons life, my son does not know this man. My son is special needs, and with that he needs structure, which my ex has not ever provided, rather he has been the oposite of structure.


How can I send my child with someone who is essentially a stranger to him? Just because you father a child does NOT make you a dad.Child visitaion issue, ex violent and demanding visits with child?
Let him take you to court to get the visitation. He is the one who left-I think it should be on his shoulders to prove he is a fit parent. Also-talk with your local child services, they should give you names of advocacy groups and also how the laws work. They will also pursue him for child support. Bring his SSN and any info that you have on him. Last address etc. Get any who have seen his past behavior to write it down with signature and date it-get a file going on him.Does he have a record? Get copies if you can-esp if you are involved. With all that in hand, see if you can counter sue-or sue for sole guardianship.Child visitaion issue, ex violent and demanding visits with child?
This is all a matter for the court system. Were visitation provisions made in the divorce papers? If so, even though he hasn't paid Child Support, you are bound by the papers. If you were ordered payment of Child Support and haven't complained about not getting it, this is your problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment