Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Is it okay for my new friend to start dating my ex even tho they were friends in first place?

Okay....lets see that girl was friend of my ex, they went to school together and her boyfriend was my ex's buddy. When my ex hooked up with me, she got mad and they ended their friendship.





After 10 yrs, that girl and I bumped each other, we both broke up with our ex few years ago, our ex are still buddies together. She and I matured and started talking and hang out once in a while and our friendship has builded up.





At this moment, I don't speak to my ex at all, but she does speak to her ex as friends and to my ex too. She sometimes see these buddies at the party or somewhere. She brought up the issue about how and what if she would date my ex and i should not complain about that cuz they were friends in first place. But she would not date my ex, cuz my ex is buddy with her ex and she doesnt' want to mix that.





I was cool about that, i dont mix with friends' exes either, but the way she said about me, do u think she is right?Is it okay for my new friend to start dating my ex even tho they were friends in first place?
It's a bit confusing,but if I got it right, the main question is whether your friend could date your ex (aside all the other relations)?


I was always open-minded when it comes to ';sharing'; my ex boyfriends...it wouldn't be fair to expect someone not to give it a shot, when you already tried it and it didn't work out....especially if 10 years have passed. When I was younger, I thought that maybe that rule couldn't apply to my first, and then to couple more ';significant ones';, but as time passed and other boyfriends came along, I changed my mind about that. It would be really selfish to forbid your friend to date someone that happened to you so long ago, especially bearing in mind that he could be the one for her. However, she must have an appropriate attitude and, just in case, ask you if you're ok with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment